The main activity our visitors enjoy is time on the beach, whether you are walking, running, or sitting on the beach with toes in the sand and watching new shells wash in from the placid Gulf of Mexico. And almost everyone spends some time in the clean waters of the Gulf. If you really have some ambition you could take a long walk up the beach. You could throw a line in the water and catch dinner, or book a fishing trip with one of the many experienced local guides. Or perhaps you’d like to have a paddle board or kayak delivered for your leisure. No problem.
One of our favorite activities is to take a tour around the island in the electric golf cart provided by LGI Carts. There’s no traffic to deal with and each trip we discover something new, whether it was an interesting house we’d not seen before or the island library tucked away under a mango tree.
Here’s a sample daily schedule:
- Wake up
- Go for an early morning beach walk/ run, go on turtle patrol, or head out fishing. The morning light is a perfect time to take photos
- Go for a swim or a bob, as we call it
- Walk or ride to the Hoots Lending Library for a book to read. Hunt for sharks’ teeth or shells on the beach
- Have lunch.
- Sunbathe, read or take a nap.
- Read or go for another swim.
- Have dinner.
- Go for a walk on the beach.. Bring your favorite beverage, if you like, and visit with others toasting the sunset. Don’t forget your camera for some memorable shots
- Go for an evening golf cart ride or go night fishing
- Try to identify stars in the night sky, or be amazed at the Milky Way.