- Swimming and snorkeling
- Fishing from land or charter fishing
- Hunting for sharks’ teeth and other fossils on the beach
- Walking and Jogging
- Visit Don Pedro Island State Park
- Golf Cart rentals on the island
- Nature photography
- Turtle patrol, during nesting season
- Boating (rentals nearby)
- Kayaking and Stand Up Paddleboard (rentals nearby)
- Dolphin and manatee sightings
- Holiday celebrations including the Fourth of July Golf Cart Parade and Labor Day Fishing Tournament for kids
- Watching the sunset on the beach
- Pick up a book at Hoots Lending Library
- Visit artist Linda Soderquist at Linda’s Island Art (call 941-270-7994 for appointment)
The main activity our visitors enjoy is time on the beach, whether you are walking, running, or sitting on the beach with toes in the sand and watching new shells wash in from the placid Gulf of Mexico. And almost everyone spends some time in the clean waters of the Gulf. If you really have some ambition you could take a long walk up the beach. You could throw a line in the water and catch dinner, or book a fishing trip with one of the many experienced local guides. Or perhaps you’d like to have a paddle board or kayak delivered for your leisure. No problem.
One of our favorite activities is to take a tour around the island, mostly on foot. If you have mobility issues you can rent an electric golf cart with LGI Carts. We do make our 4-person cart available to guests (as long as it is running). There’s no traffic to deal with and each trip we discover something new, whether it is an interesting house we’d not seen before or the island library tucked away under a mango tree. Bring your camera!
Here’s a sample daily schedule:
- Wake up
- Go for an early morning beach walk/ run, go on turtle patrol, or head out fishing. The morning has the best light for picture taking
- Go for a swim or a bob, as we call it
- Walk or ride to the Hoots Lending Library for a book to read. Hunt for sharks’ teeth or shells on the beach
- Have lunch.
- Sunbathe, read or take a nap.
- Read or go for another swim.
- Have dinner.
- Go for a walk on the beach.. Bring your favorite beverage, if you like, and visit with others toasting the sunset. Don’t forget your camera for some memorable pictures that you’ll treasure when you return home
- Go for an evening golf cart ride or go night fishing
- Try to identify stars in the night sky, or be amazed at the Milky Way.